Facebook is an excellent way to keep in touch with family and friends and let them know what’s going on in your life.
However, there may be times when you don’t want everyone in your friends list to see your post(s).
Or perhaps you want to share a post to only certain people. Here’s how:
- To hide a post from a particular person, write your post in the Status box.
- Click the “Friends” button to the left of the “Post” button and then click “More Options.”
- Then, choose “Custom.” The “Custom Privacy” dialog box displays.
- In the “Don’t share this with” section, click in the “These people or lists” box and enter the name of the desired person.
You can also share a post only with specific people.
By default, all your friends are included.
- If you only want to share the current post with a certain person, click on “More Options,” then “Custom,” and then click the “X” on Friends to remove them.
- Then add the desired people you want to share the post with.
Your post will only be shared with the people you chose in the “Share this with” section. Make sure to click “Save Changes” to return to your post.